Do you know how important rainforests are to us? Rainforests give us clean air to breathe, plants to make medicine, and thousand of people and animals reside in rainforests. That being said, around 80,000 acres of rainforest are being cut down per day. People lose their homes and some species of animals are slowly becoming extinct.
This website is designed to raise money to protect the rainforests. We will donate through Rainforest Trust- rainforesttrust.org . By clicking the paypal button on this page, you can donate any amount to help people protect the rainforests. All money will go to the rainforests.
Other things you can do:
- Buy sustainably grown foods
- Palm oil contributes to deforestation. It can be found in half of the U.S.’s processed foods. By not buying foods with palm oil, you can help the rainforest.
- Hang bird houses and feeders to help migrating birds
- Bike or carpool to school or work
- Learn about the rainforest and tell your friends
- Eating less meat can help, because soybeans harvested from the rainforest are used for cattle feed.
- Plant trees on land where trees have been cut down, or anywhere.
The three Rs are important to remember. The first R stands for Reuse. It is important to reuse materials as much as possible. You can think out of the box. Example-use a milk jug for a watering can. The second R stands for Reduce. You can reduce it amount of pollution by biking or carpooling. You can also take the bus. The last R stands for Recycle. By recycling materials instead of throwing them away, you can help keep unneeded things out of the landfill. Just make sure it can be recycled first.
Composting can also help keep things out of the landfill. Lots of things can be composted. Click HERE for more information on composting.